Wednesday, December 19, 2007

INTERVIEW WITH RITEISH DESHMUKH - II

Who : Riteish Deshmukh
About : Actor, son of Maharashtra Chief Ministed, Vilasrao Deshmukh
Website: http://www.deshmukhonline.net/ (Fan Site)

How it happened : Interview with Riteish Deshmukh
Interview Date: August 16, 2007
Place: N/A (Interview taken over email)
Pics: None

Nikhil Taneja (NT): Tell us something about your role in 'Heyy Babyy'.
Riteish Deshmukh (RD): 'Heyy Babyy' is a story of three guys who flirts with girls and are characterless with no sense of direction. And how their lives undergoes a drastic change when a baby enters into their lives. I m playing one of the guy. I am playing a Maharashtrian character Tanmay Joglekar, who attends children's birthday parties and entertains them, especially their young moms….. Rest I can't talk now you'll have to watch it on theaters (laughs)


NT: We all know that you are an architect and have your own firm. How did you end up becoming an actor?
RD: It has happened all of a sudden. It was not pre-planned, but I still do designs for projects which comes up. I have always focused on architecture. Things are going good. I have designed few offices and multiplexes one is PVR cinema of Aurangabad.

Besides, I have designed my own house. Wherever I go for outdoor, I try to catch up the interiors of old constructions. It helps me to create my own things but right now I am the part of bollywood industry so I am focusing more on the acting front.

NT: How far does your reel life character match up with your real life?
RD: It is totally different from my real life character. In real life I am basically reserved and shy type of a person. It takes time to open up and I can't flirt with girls. But I have enjoyed myself to portray this kind of role.

NT: Do you ever feel stereotyped? Are you happy with the roles you are doing?
RD: I have never wanted to become an actor. But I got the opportunity and I did it. I enjoy doing comedy films and am happy with that. When someone does comedy and it clicks in the box- office, people want to see him in the same role again. And I got that opportunity is play comedy roles again and again. But I will definitely experiment with different roles soon.

NT: How was your experience working with Akshay Kumar and Fardeen Khan?
RD: Both are very talented people and do their job very honestly. I spent a lot of time with both of them. Their sense of timing is awesome.We were shooting in Australia and had great fun. Both of them very supportive on the sets.

NT: How was working with first time director Sajid Khan?
RD: Working with Sajid Khan was a great fun. He is a good friend of mine. Sajid had come to me with 'Heyy Babyy' script and some idea about me. He thinks that I am the one who makes funny faces. He is so talented, he eats, breathe cinema. He will go far.

NT: Any funny incidents on the sets?
RD: Yeah I can remember one such incident of many when Akshay and Vidya made a bark. We were shooting in Sydney so Sajid told me about some tie- ups with Sydney government. I had to say some good things about the city. So one day when I got a call from their side, I spoke to them for long time about the positive attributes of Sydney.One of the girls even mentioned that I had a huge fan following in Sydney, and that she was crazy about me. Later I realized that Akshay and Vidya were the ones who had made the calls.


Interview Courtesy: Raindrop Media
© Nikhil Taneja (nikhiltaneja@gmail.com)

No comments: